- RolandNote™Country Music Database Searches
- December 6, 2013 CST
People qualify for RolandNote.Com when they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- They are an artist, producer, songwriter or musician on a hit that reached the Top 15 in the Billboard, Radio & Records or Mediabase charts.
- They appear as an artist on a country album that has been certified gold.
- They are nominated in a country category for a major award (primarily - but not necessarily limited to - the Country Music Association, the Academy of Country Music, the Grammy awards, the American Music awards, the Americana Music awards or the defunct Music City News awards).
- They are referenced in the lyrics of a country hit.
- They appear in a movie or soundtrack.
- They appear as an artist, producer, songwriter or musician on one or more of the entries celebrated in the Country Music Foundation book Heartaches By The Number, which seeks to define the 500 greatest singles in country music history.
- They are a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame.
- They run or founded a record company that releases music that qualifies for inclusion in the database.
- They are an artist who recorded the original non-country version of a future country hit (The database does not go into great detail about their lives. It logs births and deaths and instances when they have played a part in events that qualify for the database for other reasons).
- Presidents and vice presidents who've had interaction with country stars are also included.